New MORIZO Edition coming to the 2023 Toyota GR Corolla
The all-new (and much-hyped) 2023 Toyota GR Corolla is coming to Toyota of Orlando, and people. Are. Ready. It’ll be arriving at some point later this year (follow us on social media for updates) and with it bring an all-new hot hatch option for drivers who need some excitement in their day-to-day commute. However, we’ve got even more news to share about this upcoming model – a special MORIZO Edition is being brought to market, and our Orlando Toyota dealership has the details.
See what this all-new Orlando Toyota is bringing to the table
This special edition GR Corolla is track-ready with tighter handling, a highly rigid body, and a special high power-to-weight ratio. Here’s what we know so far:
- The MORIZO Edition will offer drivers 300 horsepower and improved torque of 295 lb-ft (upgraded from the 273 lb-ft you’ll find on the other models) as well as a retuned engine for enhanced power.
- This special edition also showcases an exclusive close-ratio intelligent Manual Transmission and shorter differential gears for more exciting acceleration.
- Almost 100 lbs of weight have been removed from the MORIZO Edition to make it ultra-light and ready to race; curb weight is an estimated 3,186 lbs. This was achieved by removing the rear seats and adding a forged carbon fiber roof and forged wheels. This two-seater design also allowed for the removal of rear door speakers, rear window regulators, and rear wiper blade and motor to lighten things up further.
- New tires were added for improved handling – this special edition of the GR Corolla sits on 18″ forged alloy wheels that have an exclusive matte black finish and the Toyota GAZOO Racing logo on the rim.
- The MORIZO Edition will additionally be outfitted with red-painted monotube shock absorbers and have a suspension that’s specially tuned for precision racing.
- Additionally, rigidity on this GR Corolla model was increased by adding two more floor braces and one more rear strut brace, with an additional 349 spot welds and six more meters of structural adhesive than a standard model.
- The MORIZO Edition will also have the GR-Four All-Wheel-Drive System with the option to select 30/70, 50/50, and 60/40 front-to-rear wheel power settings as well as dual limited-slip differentials.
- The interior aesthetic also gets an upgrade in this new special edition. Exclusive red and black Ultrasuede and leather trim the sport seats, accented by high bolsters and harness holes and an Ultrasuede wrapped steering wheel with red sightline, shift knob, and parking lever.
- This new Orlando Toyota will also showcase the 12.3″ digital color multi-information display and Toyota Safety Sense 3.0 that the other models offer.
- The exterior of the GR Corolla MORIZO Edition offers functional venting, a forged carbon fiber roof, GR-Four stamped side rockers, and a flat underfloor and rear lip spoiler to improve aerodynamics.
- You can take it home in with Windchill Pearl and a new exclusive color that’s a matte gray.
When will the GR Corolla MORIZO Edition arrive at Toyota of Orlando?
We don’t have an MSRP or exact arrival date for this special edition of the 2023 GR Corolla, but we’ll keep you posted. What we do know is that only 200 models are being produced, so if you want to get your hands on one, you have to act fast. Follow Toyota of Orlando on social media for the latest updates, call us at (407) 298-4500, or stop by and see us at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.