Turbocharged Toyota GR Corolla hot hatch coming soon
Are you still bitter about the fact that the Toyota GR Yaris won’t be making its way to America? You’re not alone – and Toyota heard you. That’s probably why they’ve decided to introduce an all new GR model to the market in 2022… get ready to welcome the Toyota GR Corolla to Orlando, because it’ll be headed stateside before you can say “hot hatch”.
What will the 2022 Toyota GR Corolla bring to the table?
What will this new GR model have to offer to drivers? Toyota of Orlando has the scoop on some of the details headed our way – check it out:
- The 2022 Toyota GR Corolla will be a “hot hatch” version of the much-loved sedan and hatchback, which basically means it’s a high-performance model of a mass-produced hatchback.
- The “GR” stands for Gazoo Racing, Toyota’s World Rally Championship team.
- This new Toyota hatchback will have an MSRP of around $30,000 when it arrives at Toyota of Orlando.
- The 2022 Toyota GR Corolla will offer the same turbocharged 1.6L 3-liter engine found in the Toyota GR Yaris, which means you’ll get 257 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque.
- It’ll be offered in a six-speed manual transmission at least when it arrives in the United States.
It’s also predicted that the new Toyota GR Corolla will offer stiffer suspension, larger wheels, and bigger and better brakes for improved handling.
Test drive a new Toyota Corolla today at Toyota of Orlando
Not looking forward to the wait for the new Toyota GR Corolla? We get it – 2022 is a while away. However, you can still get behind the wheel of the sporty and efficient Toyota Corolla OR the exciting new Toyota Corolla Hatchback. Both of them are up for grabs at Toyota of Orlando right now, and here are some of the highlights we think you’ll enjoy.
- The XSE model of the Toyota Corolla sedan is back and more exciting than ever for the 2020 model year. It’s boasting an edgier look with features like a rear diffuser, new LED daytime running lights, 18″ alloy wheels, a trunk lid spoiler, and an interior bedecked in SofTex trim with eye-catching blue stitching. You’ll also love that it comes in a hybrid model, meaning you can get mean and green AND boost your fuel efficiency for savings.
- The Toyota Corolla Hatchback has been turning heads with its 2.0L Dynamic Force Engine, an optimized suspension system, a six-speed intelligent transmission, and a lower center of gravity for unbelievable handling. Plus, an all-new Nightshade Edition is available this year, which means you’ll get sleek features like blacked out 18″ alloy wheels, side and rear rocker panels, a rear spoiler, and 3 distinctive paint colors. It even has remote connect technology, so you can get things up and running through your smartphone or watch.
And the best news? You can see both of them in person today. Just come down to Toyota of Orlando – we’re open and waiting for you at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 across from the Millenia Mall. And don’t forget, you can complete over 95% of your shopping without even leaving the couch! Check out our digital retailing tools and cut down your time spent in the store.