The all-new GR Corolla is officially coming to Toyota of Orlando
It’s FINALLY official – the 2023 GR Corolla is coming to Toyota of Orlando. We’ve been waiting, combing through the endless teasers that Toyota has dropped, and hoping that this day would come… and here it is. We’ve got the details on exactly what the new GR Corolla will offer when it arrives – keep scrolling!
The 2023 GR Corolla will arrive at Toyota of Orlando later this year
The 2023 GR Corolla will be available later this year at Toyota of Orlando and will come in two grades: Core and Circuit. Circuit will ONLY be available for purchase in the 2023 launch year. There are three packages available to add on – Performance, Technology, and Cold Weather.
There’s so much to unpack for the new 2023 GR Corolla that we’re going to break it up into sections – let’s start with performance. Here are the highlights:
- This new Orlando Toyota is rally-ready. It has the first sports all-wheel-drive system in 20 years – GR-FOUR – and offers exceptional control and traction with power being sent to each wheel. The system is also simple and lightweight to optimize performance.
- Changing the performance is as easy as the twist of a dial. Drivers can set their front/rear torque distribution to 60:40 for everyday driving, 30:70 for a sportier experience or winding roads, and 50:50 for maximum stability at high speeds (like on a track).
- The Orlando GR Corolla also has front and rear Torsen Limited-Slip Differentials for enhanced cornering and grip, as well as control of left AND right-hand drive torque distribution on the front and rear axles.
- Remember the GR Yaris and how mad everyone (we) was that it wasn’t coming to the US? The 2023 GR Corolla will offer the same turbocharged G16E-GTS powerplant under the hood… but it’s been boosted. The 3-cylinder engine has more power thanks to a new engine exhaust with a 3-piece muffler – this design means less exhaust pressure AND outside noise.
- The G16E engine also offers multi-oil jet piston cooling, large-diameter exhaust valves, and a part-machined intake port.
- Maximum power is 300 horsepower and 273 lb-ft torque in this Orlando Toyota.
- You’ll also get a single-scroll ball-bearing turbo in the GR Corolla with a 6-speed intelligent manual transmission with rev-matching to handle high torque with ease. There’s also Toyota’s D-4S direct and port fuel injection system for maximum fuel dispersion and efficiency.
- The 2023 GR Corolla has a shift lever with a shortened stroke for quick throw and a pull-type mechanical parking brake.
- The front suspension is MacPherson type strut design with circuit-tuned coil springs, shock absorbers, and stabilizer bars for light weight and firm handling while the rear suspension uses a double-wishbone multilink system to accommodate the AWD system.
- The new 2023 GR Corolla has wide tread tires for high cornering and high-speed stability and you’ll love the 18″ gloss-black 15-spoke cast alloy wheels.
- It also showcases fixed-caliper disc brakes (painted red with the GR logo, of course) for maximum stopping power.
- The Orlando Toyota car itself has a highly rigid body that was specially designed just for this vehicle. It showcases more weld points in the frame and extensive use of structural adhesive.
PHEW. Let’s talk about aesthetics now, like we’re not already excited enough. As you well know, the GR Corolla is a hot hatchback. There was a focus in the design to make it as lightweight as possible. Here are a few things we love:
- On the special Circuit Edition of the new GR Corolla, the roof is made of forged carbon fiber to make it lighter. Aluminum was used for the hood and front door panels, as well as high-tensile steel to ensure a safe structure.
- The nose of the GR Corolla ascends to a tapered roofline for the best possible aerodynamics, and the rear spoiler creates more downforce. It also has lower rockers to make air flow down the sides of the car, and features hood, fender, and rear bumper ducts as well as a flat underfloor to reduce drag.
- The 2023 GR Corolla sits wide and low to the ground for the best possible handling. It has wide front and rear fender flares.
- It also showcases a black matrix grille and LED exterior lighting, as well as gloss black exterior accents, a shark fin antenna, and rear wings.
- The interior of the 2023 GR Corolla has a 12.3″ color multi-information display with a GR meter that displays 4WD mode, gear position indicator, a tachometer, and the turbo pressure.
- There are Brin Naud suede and synthetic-leather trimmed sport seats with red stitching, red mesh inserts, and GR badging available as well as heated front seats and steering wheel.
- The GR Corolla will also offer features like a push-button start, aluminum sport pedals, automatic climate control, power windows with one-touch auto up/down, 2 USB charging ports and one 12V auxiliary power outlet, and Qi wireless charging.
- Additionally, this Toyota sports car has the Toyota Audio Multimedia system with an 8″ touchscreen, Bluetooth, Drive Connect Intelligent Assistant, voice control, and cloud-based native navigation. You’ll also have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at your fingertips, as well las a 4G WiFi hotspot and optional JBL sound system.
And finally, let’s talk extras. Each 2023 GR Corolla will come standard with Toyota Safety Sense 3.0, a rear-seat reminder, a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, and Hill Start Assist Control as well as a one-year trial subscription of Toyota Safety Connect.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates on the Orlando GR Corolla
We’re already ready to climb into the driver’s seat – are you? For more information, follow us on social media OR call. Toyota of Orlando is open seven days a week at (407) 298-4500 and the new 2023 GR Corolla will arrive later this year!