All-new Toyota SUV is coming: Meet the Toyota Corolla Cross
When you think of a Toyota Corolla, you probably think of a vehicle that’s small, compact, and sporty. Super fun to drive and also fun to look at, but not much in the way of interior space or family-friendliness. You wouldn’t necessarily be wrong; the 2021 Toyota Corolla and Corolla Hatchback are all of the above but definitely don’t meet the bill if you’re in an SUV frame of mind. However, Toyota has something up its sleeve that melds the sporty compactness of the original Corolla with the versatility and space of a larger ride, and it’s coming to the US – get ready to meet the all-new Toyota Corolla Cross.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross is coming stateside
This all-new Toyota crossover is headed stateside and we’re pumped to see it make its grand debut at Toyota of Orlando. We’ve got the breakdown when it comes to what it’ll offer, so read on!
Here’s what you can expect from the new 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross:
- This new Orlando Toyota crossover will be available in three grades – the L, LE and XLE.
- It’s available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive for major performance versatility.
- It has a 2.0L Dynamic Force Engine and Direct Shift CVT that provides 169 horsepower. The suspension is fully independent on the AWD models and has a brand-new torsion beam system in the rear on the FWD models.
- The fuel efficiency is top-notch – you’ll get 32 mpg combined for the FWD model and 30 mpg combined for the AWD model.
- You can tow up to 1,500 lbs in the new Toyota Corolla Cross without issue, and it comfortably seats up to five on the interior.
- Edgy is the name of the game for this new Orlando Toyota. The exterior is rocking a chiseled look with distinctive black accents and LED lighting schemes, as well as a sporty rear spoiler.
- The interior is decked out in sleek SofTec and comes with 60/40 split rear seats that fold down to allow for more cargo space. It also showcases a 10-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, as well as heated front seats.
- Technology takes a front seat in this new Toyota; the 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross features an available Audio Plus system with optional JBL elements and remote connect. You’ll also find Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, wireless charging, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and more in play.
- You’ll also be able to rest easy knowing your in good hands – this new crossover offers safety tech like Toyota Safety Sense, STAR Safety System, a Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automatic Braking.
- And on top of that, all-new accessories are available to ratchet versatility up a notch. Find new adventures with a roof rack with crossbars, an activity mount for bikes, all-weather mats, and more.
Get ready for your test drive at Toyota of Orlando
We don’t know exactly when the 2022 Toyota Corolla Cross will arrive at Toyota of Orlando, but we’ll keep you posted. Follow us on social for updates, or contact us so we can reach out when it’s ready for your test drive! You can reach us seven days a week at (407) 298-4500 or stop by 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 across from the Millenia Mall.