How is the 2022 Toyota Tundra different from the 2022 Ford F-150?
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you’re probably aware that the 2022 Toyota Tundra is back, redesigned, and better than ever. However, it’s not without competition – Ford fans have been clamoring to prove how much better the F-150 is (it’s a firm pass for us but to each his own). Today we’re taking a look at how these two popular trucks compare and where the 2022 Toyota Tundra comes out on top.
The 2022 Toyota Tundra vs the 2022 Ford F-150
First, a quick overview of what’s new on the 22 Toyota Tundra:
- It’s got a new turbocharged V6 engine under the hood, doing away with the 5.7L V8, and also offers a hybrid option for maximum fuel efficiency, horsepower, and torque.
- It’s completely redesigned on the exterior AND interior, offering a sleeker and more modern look with premium materials and top-of-the-line technology in all arenas.
So how does this Orlando Toyota truck compare to its competition? Here are the major highlights.
- Let’s talk bang for your buck. The 2022 Toyota Tundra SR comes with no-cost maintenance for 24 months/25,000 miles, giving you a break from car maintenance bills for a while. The Ford F-150 doesn’t offer this particular benefit.
- What about technology? Our Orlando Toyota edges out its Ford competition in a few areas here, offering an automatic-dimming rearview mirror, heated door mirrors, automatic high beams, auto climate control, and Sirius XM Satellite Radio as standard features; they’re optional on the competitions. The Tundra also showcases features like adaptive cruise control, a standard Smart Key System, a multi-function steering wheel, and one-touch power windows.
- When it comes to performance, you’ve got more power at your fingertips in the 2022 Toyota Tundra SR. It gets 348 horsepower and 405 lb-ft of torque compared to Ford’s 290 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. On top of that, you’ll get 23 mpg on the highway (Ford offers 22 mpg) and a standard Turbo feature.
- You’ll also get all of the renowned Toyota safety features as well as standard knee airbags for both the driver and the front passenger.
And on top of that, you’ll get the peace of mind of knowing that you’re driving a Toyota. Our cars are renowned worldwide for their durability, reliability, and longevity, no matter which model you choose. The Toyota Tundra is no exception – this Orlando Toyota can do everything from towing the Space Shuttle to getting the kids to and from school.
Test drive this Orlando Toyota truck today
However, don’t just take our word for it. Why not see for yourself? Come on down to Toyota of Orlando and test drive the new 2022 Toyota Tundra in person. You can test out all the bells and whistles and see how it feels to be behind the wheel and THEN decide if it’s the right new truck for you.
Still have questions or want to schedule your test drive appointment? Call our Orlando Toyota dealership is ready and waiting. We’re open seven days a week at (407) 298-4500 and you can always stop by and see us at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.