Toyota Highlander vs Toyota 4Runner: Which is right for you?
When it comes to choosing your next Toyota SUV, it can be challenging. How can you possibly wade through all the options to find the perfect fit for your drive time needs? We get it, and we want to not only make your shopping experience as easy as it can get but also to find you the perfect new SUV. Today we’re talking two of our most popular options that shoppers often have a hard time choosing between – the Toyota Highlander and the Toyota 4Runner.
At first glance, they might not seem that different – after all, they’re both pretty spacious SUVs. However, when you look more closely, you’ll see that they’re each pretty unique drive time solutions – neither one is one-size-fits-all. We’re breaking down the basics to help you better decide.
The Family-Friendly Toyota Highlander
If you’re looking for a family-friendly vehicle that still offers a high degree of style and the best tech, take the Orlando Toyota Highlander for a test drive. This much-loved Toyota SUV pretty much has it all when it comes to comfort, safety, and efficiency. It can seat up to eight inside and has a roomy cargo area (16 cubic feet, to be exact!). Here are some other highlights it has to offer when you climb behind the wheel:
- It’s available in both hybrid and gasoline-powered models so you can opt for that extra fuel efficiency and green performance if you choose.
- It comes with top safety tech including the pre-collision system, a blind-spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert, safety connect services, all-wheel drive, lane keep assist, and more. It also has the LATCH system to make car seat installation as easy as possible, as well as 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions.
- This Orlando Toyota SUV additionally offers major convenience features for families, including Qi wireless charging for devices, hands-free phone capabilities, HomeLink Universal Transceiver, an integrated backup camera and Bird’s Eye View camera, and Driver Easy Speak.
The Rugged and Versatile Toyota 4Runner
The Orlando Toyota 4Runner, on the other hand, is all about versatility. It’s great for getting around town and is suitable for a family, but its real forte lies in the off-road arena. It’s decked out with features designed to make it as capable as possible when you take things off the pavement, including:
- A 4.0L V6 engine that offers 270 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque
- Full-time four-wheel drive with limited-slip differential and active traction control, as well as CRAWL Control and Multi-Terrain Select
- Reinforced body-on-frame construction and an optional Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System
- A multi-terrain ABS system
- Towing capabilities of up to 5,000 lbs
Plus, it can seat up to eight (based on the model you choose) and offers tons of great entertainment and safety tech, including a backup camera, a HomeLink universal transceiver, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and Bluetooth hands-free streaming.
Which will you choose? The best way to decide is to get behind the wheel of both, and you can do just that at Toyota of Orlando. Call (407) 298-4500 to schedule your test drive – we’re open seven days a week until 10 pm at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.