The 2021 Toyota RAV4 goes electric
The Orlando Toyota RAV4 is a much-loved SUV for many reasons. It was recently redesigned for a seriously sleek and sporty look, offers great fuel efficiency combined with a spacious interior, and even comes in a hybrid drivetrain to save you money and cut down on emissions. However, it’s about to get even cooler – as of 2021, things are getting electric.
Meet the latest and greatest Toyota RAV4
The Los Angeles Auto Show took place last week and Toyota unveiled the 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug-in to the world for the first time. This majorly green version of the ever-popular SUV is packing a punch when it comes to… well, just about everything, and Toyota of Orlando is here with the details! Check out the highlights below.
- This new Toyota SUV will have a 2.5L Atkinson cycle inline four engine from the current Toyota RAV4 Hybrid for 176 horsepower. However, it’s also boasting two electric motors, which boosts things up to 302 horsepower total.
- This model will also showcase on-demand all-wheel drive, where the rear wheels will be powered as needed by the electric motors. This all-wheel drive system additionally features a trail mode so give you some flexibility when it comes to taking things off the pavement.
- This Orlando Toyota will be able to get from 0-60 mph in just 5.8 seconds, making it the second-fastest vehicle in Toyota’s lineup after the Supra. Talk about speed!
- The 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime Plug-In will be able to go 39 miles on electric power alone before switching over to the engine, making it an exceptionally green SUV.
- Two models will be available – the SE and XSE.
- The SE model will showcase features like an 8″ touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Drivers will also love a power liftgate and heated front seats, as well as a sleek exterior decked out with 18″ wheels and black trim. This model also offers a power driver’s seat and a 7″ display in the instrument gauge cluster.
- The XSE model takes things up a notch with features like 19″ wheels, limited-edition two-tone paint colors, and vertical LED daytime running lights. The interior offers incredible highlights like synthetic leather upholstery (it’s more eco-friendly), new paddle shifters that also control regenerative braking, Qi wireless charging, and a 9″ touchscreen audio interface.
- Additionally, there’s an optional “premium” package up for grabs. This special package will add on features like heated and ventilated front seats, a head-up display, a JBL audio system, and dynamic navigation. The dynamic navigation is one of the coolest features yet – it reads the road and learns the driver’s routine to keep your drive time fast, efficient, and stress-free.
Electrify your drive time this summer at Toyota of Orlando
When will we see it at Toyota of Orlando? Possibly by summer of 2020 – we’ll keep you posted on its arrival as we get more information. However, if you’re in the market for a clean green ride NOW, come down and see us! We can get you behind the wheel of a new Toyota Prius Prime AND get you a test drive in the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid. We’re open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 across from Millenia Mall!