2022 Toyota Tacoma Towing Capacity: What you should know
Did you know that when you get behind the wheel of a 2022 Toyota Tacoma, you’re getting a huge amount of versatility? This truck is lauded throughout the industry for its ability to take on any situation, whether it’s on OR off the pavement. It can handle both city streets and off-road trails, and not only that, it has a great towing capacity. We’re here to talk more about the 2022 Toyota Tacoma towing capacity, what it means for your drive time, and to offer some quick tips on how to maximize it.
What is the towing capacity of the 2022 Toyota Tacoma?
Let’s start with the basics – what is the 2022 Toyota Tacoma’s towing capacity? Here’s the breakdown:
The 2022 Toyota Tacoma towing capacity max is 6,400 lbs. To give you a clearer picture, this Orlando Toyota can easily pull things like a small camper, boat, or trailer behind it without issue.
However, the towing capacity depends on a variety of factors including the engine, trim level, bed, and cab style. To get even more granular with it, here’s another breakdown of a Tacoma SR Tow Rating:
- A 4×2 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed can tow 3,500 lbs
- A 4×2 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed can tow 6,400 lbs
- A 4×2 Double Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 5-feet Bed can tow 3,500 lbs
- A 4×4 Access Cab w/ 4-Cylinder Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed can tow 3,500 lbs
- A 4×4 Access Cab w/ V6 Engine 6-Speed Automatic Transmission & 6-feet Bed can tow 6,400 lbs
As you can see, it really depends on which 2022 Toyota Tacoma you decide to put in the driveway. You can also throw in the Tow Package on this Orlando Toyota, which adds features like:
- Class-IV towing hitch receiver*
- ATF cooler (not available on manual transmission),
- Engine oil cooler
- Power steering cooler
- 130-amp alternator
- 4- and 7-pin connector with converter
- Trailer-Sway Control (TSC)
Whatever you’re looking for in terms of towing capacity, our Toyota of Orlando specialist can help you customize the perfect new 2022 Toyota Tacoma to make it happen. And don’t forget, even if you don’t see what you want on our lot, we can preorder your next Toyota truck and have it delivered to the dealership!
Toyota of Orlando’s towing safety tips
However, before you hit the road with something behind you, it’s a good idea to brush up on towing safety tips. Here’s a general rundown of what you should keep in mind:
- Practice beforehand in an empty parking lot or less-busy road to ensure you’re comfortable with towing, especially when it comes to making turns.
- Get auto service before you head out. You’ll want our techs to check your truck’s tires, brakes, and lights especially, and it doesn’t hurt to check your trailer lights and tires, too. And don’t forget to have spares for both your truck AND your trailer on hand.
- Don’t overload your truck – exceeding the maximum towing capacity can do both engine and structural damage.
- Be sure to use your best defensive driving skills. Use your turn signals, don’t tailgate, and give yourself plenty of space to come to a stop – remember, you have more weight behind you now so you’ll need extra road to bring everything to a halt.
Want more tips, need a new Toyota Tacoma, or need to schedule auto service before towing? Toyota of Orlando is here to help! Call us at (407) 298-4500 or stop buy. We’re open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.