2021 Toyota Highlander to debut new Safety Sense features
The Orlando Toyota Highlander is pretty much the epitome of family-friendly. It’s got a spacious and versatile interior, top convenience technology, and safety features that other makes and models just can’t compete with. However, we just got word that it’s about to get even better – the 2021 model is reported to features brand-new additions to the Toyota Safety Sense suite.
Explore this safety suite at Toyota of Orlando
Before we talk about the upgrades, let’s talk about the existing Toyota Safety Sense features. You’ll find this suite of safety technology on multiple vehicles in our Orlando Toyota lineup, the Toyota Highlander being one of them. It includes high-tech safety elements like:
- Pre-collision system with pedestrian detection. This feature is an integrated camera and radar system that helps prevent collisions as well as accidents with pedestrians.
- Lane departure alert. A small camera on your windshield prevents you from weaving out of your lane, alerting you if your tires cross over the lines on the road.
- Automatic high beams. These high beam lights turn on automatically when the situation calls for it and they’re safe to employ.
- Dynamic radar cruise control. This special cruise control system uses radar and a camera to up your cruise control game – it automatically adjusts your speed according to the vehicle in front of you.
- Road sign assist. This Toyota safety feature uses an intelligent camera to detect signs like stop signs, yield signs, do not enter signs, and speed limit signs to then display them on your multi-information display and make you aware of them.
- Lane tracing assist. This feature helps your car to stay centered between the lines on the road when you’re using the dynamic radar cruise control.
What upgrades come with Toyota Safety Sense 2.5?
It sounds like a pretty comprehensive set of safety features, right? We think so too, but Toyota is renowned globally for their advancements in safety research and they’re adding a few upgrades to the 2021 version of Toyota Safety Sense. Here’s what you can count on:
- New support to the pre-collision system to help you more safely navigate making left-hand turns
- Curve speed management to assist you in handling curves while using cruise control (since you should slow your car when making a curve)
- A smarter lane-keep assist feature to more effectively read road lines
- A new feature called “Risk Avoidance Emergency Steering”
And the new system will be called Toyota Safety Sense 2.5.
We can’t wait to see this new safety tech in person when the 2021 Toyota Highlander arrives at Toyota of Orlando later on this year. However, if you want to take a test drive in the meantime, call us! You can experience the current Toyota Safety Sense system in person on a multitude of our Orlando Toyotas now. Call us at (407) 298-4500 to schedule your test drive, or visit us at 3575 Vineland Road. We’re just off I-4 across from the Millenia Mall and we’re open seven days a week for your convenience!