2020 Toyota Corolla named Car of the Year by Rocky Mountain Automotive Press
We’ve always known that the Orlando Toyota Corolla was an exceptional car. It’s sporty and stylish, it’s affordable, it’s reliable – and it’s been in our lineup since 1966. Talk about longevity! And our opinions were recently validated – the 2020 Toyota Corolla was named Car of the Year by the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press. We’ve got the full scoop and we’ve ALSO got plenty of these Orlando Toyotas on our lot so you can take a test drive today!
What makes the 2020 Toyota Corolla Car of the Year?
The Toyota Corolla beat out quite a few other options – Rocky Mountain Automotive Press considers numerous cars before settling on four finalists to vote on. The other three finalists included the 2019 BMW M850i xDrive convertible, the 2020 Nissan Versa, and the 2020 Subaru Legacy. But how were these four vehicles chosen in the first place? Here’s the criteria they had to meet:
- The vehicle must have undergone a total redesign for that model year
- The vehicle must have had a new powertrain element element added to its design
And then each model is test driven by a member of the Rocky Mountain Automotive Press so they can vote for their favorite. This year, the 2020 Toyota Corolla came out on top!
Like we said, we’re not surprised. This reliable and sporty Orlando Toyota has been a best-seller on our lot for decades and it doesn’t look like that’ll be changing anytime soon. The 2020 model year ushered a redesign in, and with it brought a fresh look, new performance elements, enhanced technology, and even a brand-new hybrid model to allow drivers to go even greener AND save more fuel. Here are some of the highlights you can look forward to when you test drive the 2020 Toyota Corolla at our dealership!
- Great fuel efficiency. You’ll get 31/40 mpg in the normal model and 53/52 mpg in the new hybrid model. Whichever you choose, you can count on savings every time you hit the gas pump. This Orlando Toyota was also named the 2020 Green Car of the Year by the Green Car Journal.
- 8 different models to choose from – and this includes a hybrid model, a special Nightshade Edition, and a new 6-speed manual transmission SE model.
- A redesigned exterior and interior. The 2020 model of this best-seller sits lower and has a wider base, making it more aggressive and even sportier than before. You can opt for 18″ alloy wheels and a new honeycombed grille, as well as an LED lighting scheme. The interior is more spacious and comfortable and showcases features like available SofTex trim, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, a moonroof, and glossy piano-black accents.
- Enhanced performance. You’ll find features like a 2.0L Dynamic Force engine, paddle shifters, and sport mode at your fingertips every time you get behind the wheel, keeping your drive time exciting.
And let’s not forget the price tag – the starting MSRP of this fan favorite is just $19,600, making it an affordable option.
Shop this Orlando Toyota online OR in person today
Are YOU ready to get behind the wheel? Toyota of Orlando is open, and you can also do most of your shopping AND customize your deal without even leaving home. Explore our 2020 Toyota Corolla inventory on our website or call us today at (407) 298-4500 to learn more! We’re conveniently located just off I-4 across from Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road.