What Really Happens When You Trade in Your Car?
Are you thinking about trading in your old ride to get yourself a new set of wheels? Here at Toyota of Orlando, we’ll offer you top dollar cash for your car, since we’re always in need of used cars for our lot. However, what actually happens when you trade in your car? We’re here to fill you in on the process, as well as give you tips on how to prepare for it. Let’s get started!
Are you ready to trade in your old ride?
- When you get to our dealership, the first thing you’ll do is tell the salesperson who greets you that you’re there to trade in your car. They’ll take your information to get everything in the system, and also to pull a vehicle history report on your car to check for accidents, etc.
- Our used car director will then take your keys and perform a bumper-to-bumper visual inspection of your vehicle. They’ll check over the general condition, as well as take a peek under the hood. Additionally, our Orlando Toyota specialist will turn your car on to ensure it’s running smoothly, the gadgets are working, and the air-conditioning is running (a must-have here in Central Florida). Finally, depending on the vehicle, our team will take your car for a short test drive to check its handling.
- After that, our team will pull up information regarding the trade in value of your car and decide what condition it’s in… from there, they’ll settle on an offer to make you. And we offer cash on the spot if you’re happy with the offer, even if you decide you’re not going to buy your next car from us!
Toyota of Orlando makes trading in and trading up easier than ever
So how can you prepare to trade in your car? Here are some steps to take before you arrive at Toyota of Orlando:
- Look up the trade-in value of your car before you arrive – this will help you decide if you’re comfortable with the offer that our team makes you.
- Wash and wax your car, and vacuum the inside. You’ll be surprised at what a little elbow grease can do to a car’s appearance! A good coat of wax can bring a paint job back to life, and a vacuumed interior can make a car a whole lot more appealing.
- Fill in small paint scratches and fix little dings. It doesn’t take a lot of time or money on your part, but it definitely makes a difference in your car’s appearance. Also, consider shampooing the carpets and upholstery to do away with any stains.
- Take care of small fixes – we’re talking a burnt out headlight bulb or a blown fuse. They’re inexpensive to fix, but the less work the buyer has to do, the better.
- Gather up your paperwork! You’ll want to provide service records (this proves the car has been well-maintained), and the car’s title. And don’t forget to bring extra key fobs with you to hand over, too!
Ready to trade in your car? Call us today to schedule an appointment – we’re open seven days a week until 10pm at (407) 298-4500!