New Toyota Tacoma TRD lift kit up for grabs
Tacoma drivers, rejoice – Toyota is officially releasing an all-new TRD lift kit for this iconic truck! This dealer-installed option will give the Orlando Toyota Tacoma a serious boost and was designed to be perfectly compatible with the truck, and we’ve got all the details about what it’ll have to offer. Read on!
What does this new TRD lift kit have to offer?
This all-new Toyota TRD lift kit is the first of its kind – no Toyota lift kit exists for the Tacoma, at least until now. Here are the details:
- It’s an official Toyota TRD suspension lift kit – up until now, all that was available were aftermarket kits that worked but weren’t official Toyota products (so you don’t get that same sense of reliability AND they could possibly void warranties that you have on your truck).
- This special lift kit will offer 2″ of lift in the front and 1″ of lift in the rear; this provides the Orlando Toyota Tacoma with enhanced ground clearance (+1.7″) and better approach (+3.1 to 32 degrees), departure (+0.5 to 24 degrees), and breakover (+1.6 to 23 degrees) angles for tackling tough terrain.
- The kit is composed of Bilstein monotube shocks with digressive valving. Each shock is further fitted with red TRD dust boots and graphics that boast “Tuned by TRD”.
- As noted, the front shocks boost things by 2″ because of an adjusted coil spring position on the shock tube and have extended rebound stroke.
- The rear shocks have a larger shock body than the standard shock; this means they have a higher oil volume to keep things cool and improve damping response when you’re traveling rocky roads. These larger shocks can also hold larger pistons and piston rods for enhanced strength and include cast-iron spacers.
- This TRD lift kit has been tested by TRD engineers and is the ONLY existing lift kit that is compatible with the Toyota Safety Sense system technology integrated into the Toyota Tacoma.
The kit is dealer-installed and comes with all the necessary hardware for installation, so you can definitely get info and options at Toyota of Orlando. It also comes with a special new grille with TOYOTA lettering on the front (as opposed to the Toyota badge) and a new Toyota Safety System millimeter-wave sensor to ensure the TSS works with the lift kit. Pricing for the kit is $1,350 (not including labor) and this lift kit is available for all Toyota Tacoma V6 4×4 models after the model year 2020. Best news? It comes with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty on parts if installed at time of sale OR a 1 year/12,000 mile warranty after the fact.
Shop Toyota Tacoma parts and accessories at Toyota of Orlando
Have questions about this TRD lift kit or any other Toyota parts and accessories? Call us! Toyota of Orlando is open seven days a week at (407) 298-4500 and you can stop by to chat with us at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 across from the Millenia Mall.