Everything we know about the 2023 Toyota Crown
You’ve probably heard by now that the Toyota Crown, a plush sedan that’s extremely popular in Japan, is making its way stateside for 2023. It’s been much speculated upon and also highly anticipated, and our Orlando Toyota dealership finally has all of the details. Here’s everything we know so far about the redesigned 2023 Toyota Crown!
The 2023 Toyota Crown has been completely reinvented
The 2023 Toyota Crown at Toyota of Orlando will be available in three grades – the XLE, Limited, and Platinum. It will also offer two different hybrid drivetrain options and will be built on a newly developed chassis that’s based on the TNGA-K platform, making it 4″ taller than the Orlando Toyota Camry. It will still be a sedan here in the U.S., but it’ll be larger, more comfortable, and also a hell of a lot sportier than its predecessors.
The 2023 Toyota Crown will be the first Toyota sedan to offer the Hybrid MAX system (previously only found on the new Toyota Tundra). Here are some of the highlights of its performance:
- A 2.4-liter turbocharged engine and a direct shift 6-speed automatic transmission that provides 340 HP and gets fuel efficiency of 28 MPG.
- It offers three drive modes – Sport + (for steering, cornering, and stability), Comfort (for a smooth and peaceful drive), and Custom (for creating individual profiles for each driver based on their performance preferences).
It will also offer the traditional Toyota Hybrid System as a drivetrain option, which includes:
- A high-efficiency 2.5-liter DOHC four-cylinder engine with two electric motors that offers 236 HO and gets 38 mpg fuel efficiency.
Additionally, the 2023 Toyota Crown will offer all-wheel drive on all models, as well as performance feature options like:
- Adaptive Variable Suspension
- A direct-shift six-speed automatic transmission OR an electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission
- An electronically controlled braking system with Active Cornering Assist
Style and comfort
As noted, the 2023 Toyota Crown will sit four inches higher than the Toyota Camry so while it’s technically a sedan, it feels more like a sporty crossover. It also offers a variety of paint colors for the exterior including all-new bi-tone options (where the roof is a different color), in addition to multiple styles of alloy wheels and LED lighting schemes.
The cabin of this Orlando Toyota sedan takes luxury to the next level, offering fabric, SofTex or leather trim in colors like black, macadamia, and black and chestnut. Drivers will have access to heated and ventilated seats that are power-adjustable, dual-zone climate control, and a panoramic moonroof. Additionally, the cabin was designed to be as quiet and peaceful as possible with elements like a high-strength platform, acoustic glass, and a sound-absorbing pad between the engine bay and cabin.
Tech and Safety
Get the best of the best in entertainment, convenience, and safety technology when you drive home the new Orlando 2023 Toyota Crown. It includes features like:
- An all-new Toyota Audio Multimedia system with a 12.3″ touchscreen, touch and voice activation, cloud-based navigation, and a JBL Premium audio system with 11 speakers
- Apple CarPlay, Android Audio, Amazon Alexa, Wifi Connect to turn your car into a hotspot, and a digital key with Remote Connect capabilities
- Toyota’s Advanced Park System, Toyota Safety Sense 3.0, a Rear-Seat Reminder, a Blind-Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Stay updated on the new Toyota Crown with Toyota of Orlando
We don’t have firm details on when the new 2023 Toyota Crown will arrive at Toyota of Orlando, but we’ll keep you updated. You can call us at (407) 298-4500 to receive updates on its arrival OR follow us on social media, and stop by! Toyota of Orlando is conveniently located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road.