2022 Toyota Tundra FINALLY unveiled
It’s finally official – after months of teasers and close-up pictures that didn’t give that much away, the 2022 Toyota Tundra has finally been unveiled in all its glory. Our Orlando Toyota dealership has the full scoop on what you can expect when you test drive it at our dealership!
What’s new on this redesigned Orlando Toyota truck?
The new 2022 Toyota Tundra takes performance in a whole new direction, enhancing both power and efficiency simultaneously. Here are some of the highlights:
- Two powertrain options: A twin-turbo 3.5L V6 i-Force engine that offers 389 horsepower and 479 lb-ft of torque, as well as an even more powerful twin-turbo hybrid i-Force Max engine that provides 437 horsepower and an incredible 583 lb-ft of torque. Both will be paired with an automatic 10-speed transmission.
- The hybrid engine will offer an EV mode for city driving as well as additional horsepower and torque, so whether you need efficiency or power, you’re covered.
- A towing capacity of up to 12,000 lbs (an increase of around 2,000 lbs from prior models) and a payload max of 1,900 lbs
- An all-new chassis with a fully boxed wider rear frame for better stability, towing capacity, passenger comfort, and enhanced rigidity. Additionally, the chassis is designed with high-strength steel and aluminum alike to improve performance but also bring down overall weight.
- A new Sheet Mold Composite bed with reinforcing aluminum cross members to help ward off dents and dings as well as reduce overall weight. Plus, your key fob will now have a cool tailgate release function!
- New multi-link suspension with coil springs instead of leaf springs with shock absorbers strategically placed to improve damping and towing. There’s also a new air suspension system for the rear of the truck on certain models, offering drivers automatic and manual leveling functions and different height modes. Additionally, Adaptive Variable Suspension will be available on the Orlando Toyota Tundra for the first time ever.
- Off-roading features will also still be available, including Multi-Terrain Select, CRAWL Control, Downhill Assist Control, and more.
- A new Toyota Audio Multimedia System that boasts features like an available 14″ touchscreen with improved screen resolution and touch functionality, a virtual assistant, a cloud-based native navigation system, and a user profile system so you can customize your settings and save them as such.
And… have you seen it? This new Toyota truck is back and better than ever with a complete redesign inside and out. We can’t get enough of the muscular new look and the sleek, comfortable interior decked out in all-new colors.
Test drive the 2022 Toyota Tundra at Toyota of Orlando!
Want more info? Follow us on social media for updates – we can keep you posted as to when this new Toyota will arrive at Toyota of Orlando. You can also call us at (407) 298-4500 or stop by and see us in person at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall!