A sneak peek of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner
Here at Toyota of Orlando, we know we can always count on the fact that the Toyota 4Runner will be a popular option. It’s one of the most versatile vehicles on our lot, offering tough off-roading capabilities mixed with a spacious SUV design and a plush, comfortable interior with all the connectivity you need to make your drive efficient even when you’re off the beaten path. That’s why we’re so excited that we’re getting a sneak peek of this popular Orlando Toyota SUV – check out the details we know so far below.
What will the 2020 Toyota 4Runner be bringing to the table?
- The 2020 Toyota 4Runner will be in its 5th generation come next year – talk about lasting power.
- There’s no concrete release date yet, but it looks like more information will be released in August of this year with an official product release in October. We can’t wait to see it on our lot!
- The 2020 model will still have a 4.0L V6 engine under the hood that produces 270 horsepower and 278 lb-ft of torque. It will be up for grabs in a five-speed automatic transmission with available four-wheel drive and towing capabilities of up to 5,000 lbs.
- One of the only complaints about this Orlando Toyota lies in the safety technology department – that it’s lacking – so Toyota is addressing it head on. The new 2020 model will include Toyota Safety Sense P, which weaves in safety features like lane departure alert, automatic high beams, the pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, and more. This will bring this model’s safety tech up to par with other new Toyotas on the lot, giving you extra peace of mind whenever you get behind the wheel.
- While most models of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner will remain similar to their predecessors (with added safety tech), we can look forward to a bit more connectivity on the entertainment front. It’s rumored that 2020 will bring Amazon Alexa connectivity, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Sirius XM Satellite Radio will also be integrated into all models, and it’s expected that at least the TRD Pro model will incorporate a new 8″ touchscreen for the audio system.
- The TRD Pro will be getting a new grille, as well as two rear USB ports and remote keyless entry with a push-button start.
- It’s rumored that the TRD model of the 2020 Toyota 4Runner MAY showcase the new Army Green paint color that’s making it’s big debut on the next Toyota Tacoma. Fingers crossed.
Test drive the Toyota 4Runner at Toyota of Orlando today
Like we said, we’ll probably get more specific specs on the 2020 model in August and we can HOPEFULLY expect to see a few of them arrive on the lot this October. We’ll keep you posted, but if you can’t wait until fall to get your hands on a new Toyota, then come see us today! We have plenty of the 2019 models in stock and they’re ready and waiting for your test drive. We’re conveniently located just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall at 3575 Vineland Road.