2019 Toyota Prius gets all-wheel drive
Just when you thought the stylish, fuel-efficient, and tech-driven Orlando Toyota Prius couldn’t get any better… it does. Toyota decided to make it more versatile than ever for the 2019 model year and boost performance features by adding new all-wheel drive options. This means you’ll be able to tackle any weather conditions with confidence AND be the proud owner of one of the most fuel-efficient all-wheel drive vehicles in the country. We’ve got the full scoop on that the 2019 Toyota Prius will offer when it arrives at Toyota of Orlando – read on!
The 2019 Toyota Prius will be more fuel-efficient and versatile than ever before
Let’s talk a bit more about this new all-wheel drive option. It’s called AWD-E, and the “E” stands for electric. It’s an automatic on-demand all-wheel drive system that uses an independent electric motor to power the rear wheels. The fact that it’s on-demand means that the 2019 Toyota Prius will recognize when all-wheel drive isn’t necessary and will shut it off so you can get the best fuel efficiency possible – 58 mpg in the city and 53 mpg on the highway.
What else can you expect from this best-selling Orlando Toyota hybrid? Here are some of the higlights coming for the 2019 model year:
- New trim-levels – this fan favorite will be up for grabs in the L Eco, LE, XLE, and Limited and all-wheel drive will be available in the LE and XLE models.
- The 2019 model will come standard with Smart Key System and push-button start, as well as an available adaptive lighting system, Safety Connect, and Toyota Safety Sense P. You’ll also have a vehicle proximity notification system at your disposal.
- Two new paint colors are coming into play, Supersonic Red and Electric Storm Blue, as well as a new 15″ alloy wheel option.
- 65.5 cubic feet of interior space (thanks to that versatile hatchback design) and seating for up to five inside the cabin will be available. You’ll also be able to up the ante when it comes to cargo thanks to new available roof racks with cargo crossbars for luggage, bikes, kayaks, and more.
- A new multi-link rear suspension system and lower center of gravity allow for sportier handling and maneuvering, and features like an automatic grill shutter and exterior design that lowers the drag of the vehicle to enhance fuel efficiency.
- The 2019 Toyota Prius will also offer a new Nickel-Metal Hydride battery that can withstand cold weather conditions with ease; it’s compact and fits under the rear seat so you have plenty of cargo space to spare.
- Technology like Entune Audio, 3 USB ports, advanced voice recognition, Siri Eyes Free, an integrated backup display, Bluetooth, and navigation are all available via a 6.1″ touchscreen interface.
- The interior will offer a sleek SofTex trim with heated front seats and an 8-way power adjustable driver’s seat. The SofTex-wrapped steering wheel is also temperature regulated for maximum comfort.
Get updates on this Orlando Toyota’s arrival
We can’t wait for it to arrive at Toyota of Orlando and offer yet another fuel-efficient and versatile drive time option. The 2019 Toyota Prius should be arriving sometime next year – for updates, follow us on social media! You can also call for more info; our internet sales team is waiting at (407) 298-4500 seven days a week until 10pm. Happy driving!