Toyota unveils $1 million supercar in Tokyo
When you think of supercars, Toyota probably isn’t the first brand that comes to mind. We’re renowned worldwide for our reliable cars (like the Toyota Camry and Corolla), our hybrid lineup (including the famous Toyota Prius), and our trucks (TRD Pro options abound). But supercars? Not really… until now.
Toyota unveiled an all-new supercar at the Tokyo Auto Salon this week, and this hybrid race car is unlike we’ve ever seen before from the make. Toyota of Orlando has the highlights so you can get to know the all-new Toyota GR Super Sport!
See what the Toyota GR Super Sport has to offer
Here’s some quick information:
- This all-new sports car is a hybrid, but it’s unlike any hybrid you’ve ever seen before in the Toyota lineup.
- The Toyota GR Super Sport technically a hypercar that’s based on the Le Mans LMP1.
- It’s a concept right now, but the CEO of Toyota – Akio Toyoda – said that he has future plans to make it into a limited-edition production model for enthusiasts.
- Toyota Gazoo Racing developed the car – they’re the independent company inside of Toyota Motor Corp. that manages the high-end performance vehicles and parts as well as the racing.
- The Toyota GR Super Sport has a twin-turbo 2.4L V6 hybrid powertrain that puts out 986 horsepower.
- It uses the same chassis as the Le Mans LMP1.
- Gazoo Racing’s president said that it’s not a race car, but “the starting point for Toyota’s completely new challenge to develop sports cars from active race cars”.
We’re pretty excited to see what path this concept car takes, and the inspiration that springs from its design in the future!
Test drive the Orlando Toyota 86
However, like we said, it’s just a concept now. But if you want to get your hands on a sports car without breaking the bank or waiting years, why not come on down to our Orlando Toyota dealership? We have the 2018 Toyota 86 waiting on the lot and while it’s not a 986 horsepower hybrid, it’s still got a lot to offer in terms of sports car performance and style. Here are some of our favorite features:
- A sleek, angular, and pronounced exterior that comes in a bevy of bright colors including hues like Ablaze, Halo, Oceanic, and more
- A flat 2.0L 4-cylinder engine that puts out an amazing 205 horsepower and 156 lb-ft of torque
- Both manual and automatic six-speed transmissions and paddle shifters, dynamic rev management, and Track Mode on the automatic model
- A Toyota D-4S Direct Dual Injection System
- A sleek black interior with sport bucket front seats, carbon fiber accents, and contrasting stitching
- Rear-wheel drive with Torsen Limited Slip Differential
- Sport-tuned suspension with front and rear stabilizer bars
- Sport-calibrated Electric Power Steering
- A 7″ display audio system with HD Radio and Bluetooth technology
- 17″ twisted spoke alloy wheels
And those are just a few of our favorites!
Get behind the wheel of a sports car today without breaking the budget – the 2018 Toyota 86 kicks off at just $26,255. Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall.