Toyota launching Subscribe + Drive program
Are you the type of driver who just can’t commit to one vehicle? We get it – sometimes it’s hard to find a one-size-fits-all solution for your drive time needs, especially if you usually rely on public transportation or don’t drive on the regular. Is it really worth it to sign the dotted line on a purchase or lease if you’re not going to use it that much in the long run? Well, Toyota may just have the solution you’re looking for – Subscribe + Drive.
What is Subscribe + Drive?
Subscribe + Drive is an all-new Toyota program that provides an alternative to leasing or purchasing a new Toyota. When you sign up, you can basically “rent” a new Toyota for 60 days at a time. When the 60 days is up, you can renew the program or you can cancel and return the car – whichever fits your needs at the time. Toyota of Orlando has the details on this innovative new program below.
- Subscribe + Drive is a subscription service and you’ll pay monthly for it. However, to make this short-term ownership as easy as possible, Toyota bundles the “rent” for the car, insurance coverage, and maintenance all into the monthly fee. The only thing you have to pay for is gas – even your tolls will be charged to your credit card on file via Toyota.
- You’ll be able to choose from a variety of models spanning compact cars to spacious SUVs so you can get whatever fits your drivetime needs for that particular time period.
- To subscribe, you just download the app and fill out all of the information on your phone. Toyota will then hook you up with a digital concierge, who you can text with any questions or concerns that you have.
- Once you’ve signed up, paid a small one-time fee, and chosen your vehicle, your new Toyota will be delivered right to your door – you don’t even have to leave home to collect the keys. However, if you have questions about the car, you can always schedule a pick-up at a Toyota dealership near you.
Is this new Toyota program right for you?
And here are a few of the finer details regarding this new Toyota program:
- There’s no long-term commitment. If you don’t need the vehicle when the 60 days is up, you can cancel your membership (or pause it if you want to use it again later in the year and not pay the initial fee).
- The monthly subscription fee varies based on the vehicle that you choose, as well as your state and local taxes.
- To make your life easier, you can renew the same vehicle that you’re in after 60 days (that way you don’t have to move all of your stuff to a new car).
- You’ll be allotted 1,250 miles a month to get you where you need to go.
- You can add a second authorized driver to the subscription if you want a family member or partner to get behind the wheel, too.
- You have to be 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license, and meet both credit and driving record standards to be able to participate in this new Toyota program.
- Insurance coverage is backed by Nationwide and includes $500,000 liability and property coverage, $10,000 medical per person, $10,000 income continuation coverage, and $5,000 loss of services coverage. Physical damage coverage is subject to a $1,000 deductible per occurrence.
Have questions? We’ve got answers (as always). Call Toyota of Orlando today for more information OR to look into leasing or purchasing a new Toyota today. Our Orlando Toyota dealership is open seven days a week at (407) 298-4500!