Things to do in Orlando this weekend, 1/17-1/19
The weekend is finally here! What have you got planned to enjoy the sunshine and free time? The weather is supposed to be perfect so whether you’re planning on spending your days off inside or outside, you’ll be in good shape. If you’re at a loss as to what you should do, here are some suggestions from our Orlando Toyota family. Find fun in Central Florida all weekend long!
Family Fish Fry at Fun Spot Orlando
- Friday, 1/17 from 5 pm to 9 pm
- Enjoy family, fried food, and fun at Fun Spot Orlando this Friday! Admission is free and you can take advantage of delicious food and drinks for purchase, live music from Crenshaw and Brown Bag Bass Band, and Fun Spot rides. The event will take place on the grassy field by the Fun Stage, so bring chairs or a blanket to get comfortable.
Jurassic World Live Tour at Amway Center
- Friday, 1/17 through Monday, 1/20, various showtimes
- Jurassic World Live Tour has arrived in Orlando! Whether you’re a dinophile or your kids can’t get enough of them, this incredible show is for you. The show is full of life-sized puppets, special effects, stunts, music, and more. It’s going on all weekend so hit Ticketmaster to view showtimes and grab your admission (tickets range from $18.75 – $145).
Brews and Tunes at Orlando Brewing
- Friday, 1/17 at 8:30 pm
- Check out a showcase of live music while you sample Orlando Brewing’s best beers. This event takes place the third Friday of every month and gives you access to local musical talent while also give you the opportunity to try an incredible array of Orlando’s Brewing’s beverages. They brew onsite with the highest quality organic ingredients and have choices ranging from crisp Blonde Ales to Chocolate Mint Stouts and everything in between.
Central Florida Scottish Highland Games at Central Winds Park
- Saturday, 1/18 at 8 am and Sunday, 1/19 at 8:45 am
- Celebrate the best of the best of Scottish culture at this annual celebration! You’ll be able to watch axe-throwing, caber tossing, archery, dancing, bagpiping, and even Border Collie herding demonstrations as well as sample Scottish food, whiskey, beer, and more. Live music rounds the day out – come hungry and be ready to make a day of it! Admission is $15-25.
Orlando Farmer’s Market at Lake Eola Park
- Sunday, 1/19 from 10 am to 4 pm
- Relax, eat, drink, and wander this Sunday at the Orlando Farmer’s Market at Lake Eola Park. Vendors selling everything from gourmet cookie dough to steampunk jewelry will line the market, alongside live music and a great produce market. If you get tired of the hustle and bustle of the market, take a stroll around Lake Eola or hit the swan boats.
Garden Brother’s Circus at the Venue at University of Central Florida
- Sunday, 1/19 and Monday, 1/20, various showtimes
- Get your fill of the circus with motorbike stunts, acrobats, animals, peanuts, popcorn, face painting, clowns, and more. Kids under 2 are free!
From our Orlando Toyota family to yours, we hope you have the best weekend!