The Toyota Camry SE vs the Camry Nightshade: What’s the difference?
The Toyota Camry is an icon in the world of Toyota. It’s been a best-selling fan favorite for decades and has evolved into a vehicle that – with all of its different trim-levels – offers something for everyone. You can get it in a classic LE, a sporty SE, a luxurious XLE, a hybrid, and even a special new Nightshade Edition. Today our Orlando Toyota dealership is here to address a question we commonly hear when it comes to the sportier versions of the 2023 Toyota Camry – what’s the difference between the Toyota Camry SE and the Toyota Camry Nightshade?
What is the Camry SE, and how is the Camry Nightshade different?
First of all, the SE is a permanent (at least for now) member of the lineup. It’s a special trim level that denotes a sportier appearance than its siblings (like the LE and XLE). The Nightshade, on the other hand, is a special edition that pops up in some years on the SE model and isn’t available all the time. Now that you’ve got the basics, let’s get down to the specifics when it comes to the Toyota Camry SE vs the Toyota Camry Nightshade.
As we mentioned, the Toyota Camry Nightshade is a special edition that pops up on the SE models every now and then. If you choose to go for this unique option in 2023, you’ll get features like:
- Three paint colors – Midnight Black, White, and Reservoir Blue
- A black front grille with Sport Mesh
- A black rear spoiler
- Black mirror caps
- Black exterior badging
- Black-trimmed headlights and taillights
- Black window trim
- 19″ bronze aluminum alloy wheels
And you’ll be able to get a Nightshade Edition on the 2023 Toyota Camry SE front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, and hybrid models.
Basically, the Nightshade Edition just takes the aesthetics of the already-sporty SE model up a notch and adds a number of blacked-out accessories (like badging, a spoiler, etc.) to create an edgy look. You can only get it in a limited number of special paint colors and the Nightshade offers special bronze wheels that you can’t get on an SE. All of the performance features are the same.
What do the 2023 Toyota Camry SE and Toyota Camry Nightshade share?
However, both the Toyota Camry SE and Toyota Camry Nightshade share a lot of features since the Nightshade is basically an SE with aesthetic enhancements. Both models share highlights like:
- Bi-LED combo headlights and LED daytime running lights
- Sport side rocker panels
- Dual chrome-tipped exhaust
- A sport SofTex trimmed interior with 8-way adjustable power driver’s seat
- A leather-trimmed 3-spoke steering wheel with paddle shifters, audio buttons, Bluetooth controls, and more
- A 3-mode drive switch (Eco, Normal, and Sport)
- The Smart Key System with push button start
- An electric parking brake
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- A 7″ multi-information display and a 7″ touchscreen audio system interface with Android Auto, Amazon Alexa, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, and more
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.5+
- Star Safety System
- Safety Connect Services
And as we mentioned, you can get both the SE and Nightshade models in front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, and hybrid options so you can truly customize your drive time to your individual needs.
Regardless of which one you’re angling for, Toyota of Orlando can help! Shop both the 2023 Toyota Camry SE AND the 2023 Toyota Camry Nightshade Edition in person (plus a huge number of other Toyota Camry options) at our dealership. Toyota of Orlando is open seven days a week at 3575 Vineland Road, just off I-4 near the Millenia Mall. You can call us at (407) 298-4500 today.