It's a common misconception that the throttle body controls the amount of fuel to the engine. In actuality, this part of your car controls the amount of airflow to the engine! This ultimately controls the speed of your car. Without this, your car would stand idle. As you can see, you don't want to overlook this auto part. Take care of it with auto repair in Orlando!
Toyota of Orlando explains your car's throttle body
We told you what the throttle body is, but do you know how it works? This auto part consists of a throttle plate (butterfly valve) that rotates on a shaft. The throttle plate opens when the gas pedal is pressed down to release air to the engine's combustion chamber. The engine's combustion chamber needs the perfect balance of fuel and air to work.
The more you push down the gas pedal, the more throttle the engine will get. The air is cut off when the gas pedal is released (also known as choking the throttle). The amount of air released to the engine's combustion chamber controls the speed of the engine, which is why you need to bring your ride to our Orlando Toyota Service Center and let us help you keep your car's throttle body in tip-top shape!
Does your car need an Orlando throttle body replacement?
If this auto part fails, your car's engine won't get the right mixture of air and fuel in the combustion chamber and the engine will lose throttle power. How do you know when it's time for an Orlando throttle body replacement? Here are some signs to look out for:
- Decreased fuel efficiency
- The check engine light is on
- The engine on, but there's no forward movement
- Transmission has trouble shifting
- The engine isn't running smooth
- Rough idling
If you sense any of these symptoms, don't ignore them! Head straight to our auto service center in Orlando! Our auto repair technicians can inspect your car and help you fix issues with cheap car maintenance. Here is how we can help:
- Throttle body replacement: Once you bring your car to our Toyota Service Center, we'll inspect it to see if there's an issue with this auto part. If so, you may need an Orlando throttle body replacement! You can count on us to do the work for you!
- Air induction service: If you want to keep your car's throttle body in working order, it needs routine car maintenance. Getting air induction service in Orlando is needed on a regular basic to remove built-up carbon from the air intake system and to keep the throttle plate clean.
If you think your car needs auto repair in Orlando, give us a call today! You can reach us at (866) 945-0493. You can also stop by our Orlando Toyota Service Center at 3575 Vineland Rd. - no appointment needed!