What is a wheel alignment?
What is an Orlando wheel alignment? Here are the basics:
- In order for your car to perform properly and minimize the amount of wear and tear you put your tires through, you need to align your wheels. Basically, it's setting the position of the tires relative to each other, as well as to the ground.
- There are three angles that our Toyota techs address when it comes time for your Orlando wheel alignment - camber, toe, and caster. All three angles must be aligned carefully for maximum performance and to lessen the amount of wear on your car's parts.
- Your car comes aligned when you buy it new, but driving over uneven surfaces (even surfaces that seem flat, like the highway), slowly but surely tweaks the wheel alignment, resulting in you needing Orlando car maintenance to readjust it back to its original position.
- You typically need this car maintenance performed once a year or about every 10,000 miles, but consult with our Toyota service techs if you drive a lot or put your car through a lot of wear and tear!
Why do you need this Orlando car maintenance on a regular basis?
Why is wheel alignment important? You definitely don't want to skimp out on this Orlando car maintenance - here's why:
- Easier steering! Everything is lined up as it should be, so your car won't drift all over the road when you hit the highway.
- Better fuel efficiency! Regular Orlando wheel alignment can help you make the most of your fuel economy because your wheels and tires are performing well.
- Longer tire life! Improper wheel alignment can lead to more wear and tear on your tires, leading to a shorter life and more money out of your wallet as you'll have to replace them more frequently!
So, how do you tell if you're due for this car maintenance in Orlando? We've got some telltale signs that you might want to schedule an appointment at our Toyota Service Center!
- You're driving in a straight line but your steering wheel isn't centered
- Your car drifts to one side of the road when you're trying to drive in a straight line and holding your steering wheel steady
- Your tires are wearing unevenly in a noticeable way
- Your steering wheel vibrates while you're driving
These are just a few signs that you may need to schedule an appointment for some diagnostic tests - don't delay, as things will just get worse and negatively impact both your performance and fuel efficiency!
Have questions or need to make an appointment? Give us a shout at (866) 945-0493 today and see how easy it is to get all of your car care needs taken care of!