It's happened to almost everyone - you hear a weird noise, see smoke or steam coming out from under the hood of your car, and pull over to discover that your car is overheating. It's never a pleasant situation, and it always means you're going to need auto repairs at your neighborhood auto service center. However, we're here to help - our Orlando Toyota Service center is explaining some of the reasons you'll find your car overheating, as well as what you should do when it happens!
Let's start with what you should do when you find your car overheating first! Our Orlando Toyota Service techs have one hard and fast rule to kick things off: NEVER drive if you're stuck with a car overheating! Driving it when it's in this condition can make things much worse and result in a much more expensive repair bill for your ride. Have your car towed into a Toyota Service Center in Orlando for techs to take a look in this situation!
How do you know you're dealing with a car overheating?
How do you know you're dealing with a car overheating? Here are some telltale signs:
- Smoke or steam coming out from under the hood
- The temperature gauge lights up in your car - this means the temps are too high and something is wrong under the hood
- You hear a strange bubbling noise coming from the engine
- You notice a major coolant leak under the car - be on the lookout for puddles!
Now that you know how to spot a car overheating and how to deal with the aftereffects at our Orlando Toyota Service Center, let's talk about what causes this issue (and how to prevent it with routine Toyota service in Orlando!).
Orlando auto service can prevent this problem!
- A coolant leak or blocked coolant passage can definitely cause car overheating; without coolant, the engine can't maintain a safe temperature and will soon get too hot to properly function! (This is why our Orlando Toyota service techs recommend checking this system routinely and also being on the lookout for puddles underneath the car.)
- A broken water pump can also be the culprit of car overheating, as it can block the flow of coolant to the engine! You'll also want to check hoses, as burst or cracked hoses can cause problems that only our Toyota Service Center in Orlando can fix.
- A bad radiator can boost the temps inside your car and cause overheating relatively quickly.
- Having the wrong coolant concentration can also cause car overheating, believe it or not! If your coolant isn't properly balanced, it can bring temps up inside the engine. Have our Orlando auto service techs check your concentration for you!
- If you have a bad thermostat, it can cause issues with your car overheating. Have it checked at our auto service center in Orlando!
Having problems with a car that won't stop overheating? Call our Orlando Toyota Service Center today at (866) 945-0493 to have our techs take a look? we're ready and waiting for you with great deals on auto service!