One of the most common service your car exhaust system may need is muffler repair. You may think that your car's muffler is only good for reducing noises coming from your ride; however, this is far from the truth. If you don't take care of proper muffler repair in Orlando, you can run into a lot of problems!
Learn more about your car's exhaust system
A car exhaust system is composed of many different parts that have to work together to ensure the dangerous fumes your car is creating are converted and disposed of correctly. For these fumes to get from the front of the car to the back they have to go through the catalytic converter, the muffler, and then the tail pipe.
In the catalytic converter, the fumes from the engine are converted into less harmful gas. Then, the gas is transferred to the muffler, which is an extremely important part of your car exhaust system. It reduces the noise made from your car and it directs the harmful gases away from the cabin. This is why you should never put off Orlando muffler repair! What could happen if you ignore muffler repair?
- A damaged muffler can be extremely noisy, which can make for an uncomfortable drive time. This loud noise can also be irritating for others on the road or in your neighborhood, which is why it's important to take care of muffler repair right away!
- If this auto part has a hole in it, poisonous gas can leak into the cabin of your car and be very dangerous for you. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and deadly!
- Putting aside necessary muffler repair in Orlando can also affect the performance of your car. This car part helps the engine achieve peak performance, which means you might notice a drop in your car's power and fuel efficiency.
Know when it's time for muffler repair in Orlando
How do you know when it's time for muffler repair in Orlando? Here's what you can do to detect when it's time for this auto service:
- Listen for loud sounds: Like the said, this part of the car exhaust system is in charge of quieting the sounds your car is making. If you hear your car being louder than usually or a rattling coming from the back, it's time for muffler repair in Orlando!
- Inspect the muffler: If you have any doubts, you should inspect your muffler for rust or holes. You can do this by using a car jack to raise the back of your car. We can also do this for you at our auto service center.
- Pay attention to performance: As previously mentioned, this auto part can have an effect on your car's performance and fuel economy. Bring your car in for Orlando muffler repair when you notice problems accelerating or a change in your car's fuel economy!
As you can see, the car exhaust system is very complex, but our auto repair professionals can easily diagnose the problem and take care of it for you! Don't take any chances - head straight to our Toyota Service Center for exhaust and muffler repair in Orlando!
Toyota of Orlando is located at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia. Give us a call in advance at (866) 945-0493 to schedule an appointment or just drop by!