Why are electric vehicles produced?
The concept of an electric car is not a brand new idea. In fact, the first all-electric car was built in the United States in 1891, while the first electric carriage was invented in the early 1830s! Since then, vehicles have undergone quite the transformation.
- Gasoline powered vehicles were the most popular for many years because of how available fuel was and the power and distance these cars could travel. However, the rising costs of gasoline prompted many automakers to reconsider the idea of eco-friendly and all-electric transportation options.
- The Toyota Prius was revealed in Japan in 1997, and around 18,000 were sold the first year!
- This hybrid became available in the United States around 2000, and as of 2010 over 2 million of these cars have been sold!
The option of an eco-friendly vehicle like the 2015 Toyota Prius in Orlando is wonderful, but it became apparent that the option to have a vehicle that can be powered by resources other than gasoline is important - such as the Toyota RAV4 EV. Some benefits of having electric vehicles include:
- Energy efficiency: The average gasoline powered vehicle only uses about 17-21% of the energy that's stored in the fuel. However, electric vehicles in Orlando can convert about 59-62% of their electrical energy!
- Performance: Since electric vehicles in Orlando are powered by an electric motor, they require less maintenance and deliver a smooth operating experience.
- Eco-friendly: Electricity from nuclear-, hydro, or solar-, or wind-powered sources don't create pollutants! That's why driving a car like the Toyota Prius Plug-in is such a green choice!
Will we see electric vehicles in Orlando?
Electric vehicles has many different components, but here are three main elements:
- Electric motor: Instead of a gasoline-powered engine, this device is used in Orlando electric vehicles to help them receive the energy it needs to move.
- Controller: The controller in an electric car helps take the power the battery stores and transfer it to the motor.
- Rechargeable batteries: Obviously electric vehicles in Orlando don't take gasoline. This is where rechargeable batteries come into play. Whenever electric vehicles in Orlando need more energy, you would plug it into a power source (such as an outlet) versus filling it up with more gasoline.
Whether you currently have a hybrid transportation option, or are eagerly waiting for an electric vehicle to arrive, we're here to answer any of your questions and help you get into the eco-friendly vehicle you want! Not sure about how to help your vehicle get the best fuel-efficiency? Bring it in for some auto service in Orlando. Our Toyota Technicians can ensure everything is in working order, and give you some tips too! Give us a call at (866) 945-0493 to schedule an appointment or ask any questions you have today!