Are you a fan of tailgating? With so many great colleges here in Central Florida (not to mention Orlando City and Orlando Pride), a lot of Orlando Toyota drivers are. Tailgating is a great way to spend time with family and friends and get pumped before the big game. However, there are safety tips you should take into account when you're planning on tailgating to ensure your day is fun and carefree. Toyota of Orlando is here to help!
Learn tailgating safety before you head out for the big game
Before you head out to the stadium, Toyota of Orlando recommends following these tailgating safety tips:
- Load your car carefully. Make sure nothing is going to slide around while you're in motion, and never stack things so high in the back or bed that you can't see out of your rearview mirror.
- Always ensure that EVERY passenger has a seatbelt - if they can't buckle up, they can't ride with you! It's dangerous AND against the law to not wear a seatbelt.
- Use defensive driving, especially when you reach your tailgating destination. There will be a lot of pedestrians around (some of them likely intoxicated) and you don't want to get into an accident.
When you arrive at your spot, we know you're ready to get out and get rocking. However, our Orlando Toyota dealership recommends implementing these tailgating safety tips before you start the party:
- Be choosy when it comes to picking your spot - you'll want to make sure you have enough space to set up your gear, but also to open all of your doors wide, as well as your liftgate or tailgate.
- Make sure your vehicle is safely in park before you start unloading passengers and cargo. Consider pulling your emergency brake, just in case.
- Always keep hot objects - like grills - clear of your vehicle to avoid damage to your ride!
- Before you head into the stadium, lock up your Orlando Toyota and make sure all of your valuables are hidden from plain sight to prevent break-ins.
- Football season is still warm weather season in Florida, so throw up that sun shade to prevent a super-hot car when you return!
Toyota of Orlando has plenty of tailgate-ready rides
However, tailgating safety doesn't end with the final touchdown! When you leave the stadium, Toyota of Orlando recommends taking precautions like:
- Make sure all of your gear is securely strapped down again before you hit the road.
- NEVER drive drunk - it's illegal and exceptionally dangerous. If you've been drinking at all, call an uber or find a designated driver!
- Expect delays. Everyone will be trying to leave the stadium at once, so you have to be patient and go with the flow of traffic. Driving aggressively can end up with you getting into a collision.
Looking for the perfect new Toyota to take on tailgating? Check out these options:
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Toyota RAV4
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Sequoia
All of them are spacious, full of great technology, and ready to get you pumped for kickoff!
Want more tailgating safety tips or to take any of our vehicles for a test drive? Call Toyota of Orlando today at (888) 725-3520!